It's judgement day. In mid-January I gave myself a list of 14 things to do before the year was over. Did I or didn't I?
Well. I did some. I thought about them a lot. Writing down goals and not finishing all of them does wonders for showing where your priorities lie. Here's my update:
- Finish sewing maxi dress started three summers ago (fabric purchase documented here). My Mom broke the news that we had fudged the straps beyond repair. I believed her enough to not do anything about it, but I'm keeping all the pieces in hopes that I'll come up with a clever solution.
- Complete first three levels of a French language program. Nay.
- Learn to play a song from start to finish on the guitar. Nay.
- Make first purchase for art collection. I made more of my own art. I hogged more of Konrad's art. Does that count?
- Hang art in every room in house. I have designated pieces for certain rooms, but they currently lean against their walls.
- Harvest fruits, veggies, and flowers from garden. We opted to not go through the heartache of a failed garden this year. But! I did decide to start planting lots of perennials in the coming Spring, for an easy, pretty backyard.
- Read 12 books. I read 5 1/2 books.
- Set up server/storage system for home computers. I did this! At least. I setup an automatic backup system for my laptop. And it feels good.
- Practice each style from calligraphy book. I did more hand-lettering, but alas, I didn't get through the book. I bought more calligraphy books though. :)
- Fill a notebook with paintings. It takes me so long to fill notebooks. Nay.
- Open Etsy store with digital goods. I am sooo close to doing this. I have files ready. Soon.
- Document life with more photos. I did this! YAY. More photos needed for 2015 infinity forever though.
- Direct short film. Does this count?
- Learn to Slide (made famous by Michael Jackson). Nay. But this is moving to the 2015 list for sure.
Obviously I didn't do so well. Next year, right?